Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rock-a-bye Baby!

You parents out there who are ready to pull your hair out listening to Baby Einstein nursery rhymes and lullabies, I may have the prescription to restore your sanity. Is there really a way for you to listen to lullabies along with your child and have both of you in melodic bliss? Yesterday, I would have told you "No." But today I can enthusiastically answer "Yes!"

Emily, Rex, and I were at USA Baby looking at strollers and on our way out I noticed a conspicuous CD display. I walked by and did a double take. "Did that really just say what I thought it said?" After a second look I realized I'd read it right "Rockabye Baby: Lullaby Renditions of Metallica" I began scouring the offerings and found lullaby renditions of Queen, Nirvana, Coldplay, Pink Floyd, and even Led Zeppelin. I was sold. We walked out with the Queen CD.

Still a bit skeptical, I plugged it into the CD player and was instantly gratified at my purchase as I watched Rex drift into Bohemian Bliss and found myself singing along to the instrumentation. Each song is slowed down and sounds just like a typical lullaby. No lyrics, just soft, soothing instrumentals.

Check it out at www.rockabyebabymusic.com, or you can buy them at USA Baby. The website has links to the tracks so you can preview the music. You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Anderson's said...

That's awesome! I can't believe how big Rex is getting. And I love your blanket, I am trying to learn to sew too!

ckw said...

What a great idea! That is awesome!