Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Mom Is Amazing

So, here goes a little tribute to my Mom's time here in Durham while Evelyn was being born.  It was pretty amazing to have her here, it would have been SO much harder without her help.  I literally called her the morning I went to the hospital to let her know I would be induced that day.  She threw some things in a suitcase and caught a flight later that afternoon.  She made it in time to stay with Rex over night so Josh could be with me at the hospital. Superwoman, I tell ya.



In addition to cooking, taking care of me, taking care of Rex, dishes, cleaning, and running errands, my mom spent a good chunk of her time working on the quilt we made for Evelyn.  It is going to be darling!  She took the last square home to embroider Evelyn's name on it and then she'll send it back to me so I can finish everything up.  Once it's finished I'll be sure to post pictures.


And of course my mom spent lots of time cuddling this sweet little chick. 



Oh Mom, I don't think you check our blog often, but in case you see this I hope you know how much we love and appreciate how you dropped everything to come help us.  Since we got the royal treatment with Rex we knew what we were in for this time and we loved every minute of it.  It was really special to have you here, we love you SO much.

2 comments:

Haley said...

What a wonderful mom! It is so amazing to be taken care of during those first weeks. If only they stayed forever!

Unknown said...

I want to be like Aunt Carolyn when I grow up!! You guys are all awesome.