Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Prep

Yes, I realize that most of you have already posted your "Christmas Day" post and have moved on into the new year.  I am, however, behind and refused to be rushed into skipping these darling moments captured as we prepared for Christmas this year!

First off, Rex could hardly wait to write a letter to Santa. He took this task very seriously.



In case you couldn't tell, the kid REALLY wanted some beyblades. 



One fun little tidbit for you all - this is the face Rex makes when asked to smile. 


We took the kids outside to play while we put up the lights on our house (it was about 60 degrees that day).

This was the first year we bought a real tree and we were really glad we did.  The smell alone was enough to quickly bring the Christmas spirit.  Don't worry, we fixed the crooked star.



We took the kids downtown Richmond to see the building lighting.  Josh was still at work so we met him downtown.  He offered to carry both kids.


The building lighting itself was pretty mediocre, so we hit up the Richmond Tacky Lights Tour a week later to REALLY see how crazy people over-decorate for Christmas.   This house isn't even one of the worst (or best, depending on your outlook).


After we left this house, Rex asked me if we could decorate our house like that next year.  Sure, buddy.

I made an advent calendar which is an exact replica of the one we used growing up (that my Mom made in the early 60's).  It brings back lots of fun memories for me and Rex can't wait to put the ornament on the tree each morning.

We attended Josh's work Christmas party.  I realized (with about one week notice) that I would probably be needing a cocktail type dress for the party.  Found one in the nick of time and we enjoyed a nice night out. 


This is not really Christmas related, but Evelyn started standing up which was exciting but has caused me lots of anxiety and has caused her to fall, a lot.



Rex and I made a gingerbread house.  This was the first year I purchased one that wasn't pre-built.  I actually had to mix the frosting (if you can even call it frosting).  It actually worked well and the little people in the kit are a nice little touch.


Rex had his little Preschool sing-along.  Being overtired and overextended...I forgot to dress him in Christmas attire for the event.  Looks like I was the only one!  Oh well, at least he had fun and I'm just glad I didn't forget about it all together.  Also, he gets an A+ for participation.


And last but not least, I drank a couple of these bad boys to cope with the fact that my husband is never home and Christmas is a stressful time.  If you've never had one, do yourself the favor.  I think they will be around for a couple more weeks.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I love the advent calendar you made! That is so fun that you made a replica of your mom's. Someday Evelyn will be copying yours for her own home. :)

Unknown said...

Cute! I want to see a picture of your dress!

Rachel and Eric said...

First of all, Evelyn is adorable and it's a tragedy we can't see more of her. Second, be grateful you didn't make an advent calendar with Heidi because she takes that sort of thing really seriously. Let's see a picture of the dress! We were supposed to wear formal attire to Eric's work party, and let me just say that cute, garment-friendly, formal attire=impossible. Even though Rex wasn't wearing Christmas clothes, I'm sure he sang his little heart out. We (especially Lucy) miss Rex. :)