Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 Duke Basketball Campout

Josh was able to live one of his Duke dreams this past weekend as he participated in the Annual "Campout" for a chance to be able to purchase Duke basketball season tickets. His team of 11 LDS guys came out with 3 season passes to split between them. They were a little disappointed as they expected the odds to be more in their favor. They did get to spend an enjoyable 36 hours sleeping in Uhauls and being ready to jump at a moments notice to get their name on a list for the drawing. Sounds fun, right?  Here are some highlights...


The Team





This is what the entire parking lot looked like, rows and rows of Uhauls and RVs



When they randomly sound a siren you have to run and get in line to make sure your name is put into the raffle



Sleeping in the Uhaul






Josh holding Rex and our friend's daughter, Lucy



No, I did not camp out...I just came to show my support on Saturday morning



The LDS team campsite (notice: lots of strollers, no beer, no hangovers)



Me and my friend, Caitlin.  Her husband was camping out with the Physical Therapy school right next to Josh's team's campsite.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to tell you that my good friends, the Hansens, are at Duke! I grew up with Amy in Lancaster, PA and she was pretty much my first friend there : ) How funny! It sounds like you guys are having such a fun time there - we sure do miss you out here!!