Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rex turns 2 today!

I really cannot believe it has been two years since you came into our lives.   I adore your enthusiastic personality.  Everywhere we go people comment on how happy you are and it's so true!  I love how you want so badly to emulate your Dad and will wear his Duke hat for hours on end.  I love how music makes you dance and you just can't help it.  I love to hear the things you talk about with your animals in your crib before I come get you in the morning.  I love how you bring me your flip flops every day and ask me to put them on, even if we aren't going anywhere.  I love how you tell me (with a huge smile on your face) each time you do a certain bodily function.  I love the sweet moments when you will sit still next to me and let me read your favorite books.  I love how you say please every time you ask me for something, it's almost impossible to say no to you.  I love how you "fly" your cars and trains around the room saying, "vroom" or "choo-choo".  I love how you will say hi to a total stranger even if they don't hear you or respond.  I love that you like for me to be the one to put you to bed each night so I get that special little hug and kiss right before putting you in bed.

Rex, you have made our lives more meaningful than I ever thought possible. Thank you for letting me be your Mommy, I love you.



1 comment:

Kim Edwards said...

He is such a little man now!! Happy Birthday Rex!