Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February at a glance...

I don't know what it is about updating the blog lately, but it just hasn't had the appeal that is used to.  I think it's because nothing too exciting has happened since Christmas...until NOW!!  Here are a few fun things that happened in February.



Yes, this may look like a boring picture of my husband holding up some boring papers, but in fact it's quite exciting!  He secured an internship for this summer and this picture is him signing the official offer letter.  He took an investment banking internship in Charlotte, NC.  He'll be working 80+ hour weeks and I'll be chilling at the pool with Rex-man.  Win-win.


Also...Josh had a birthday!


I made him a way too big birthday cake.  Who knew that 1 whole cake mix per layer would turn out this bad boy?  Cake, anyone?  We have a little bit left over.



Rex was very proud of the card he "colored" for Daddy. And yes...I bought Josh a 4-pack of RedBull for his birthday.  




Our very good friends, the Alders, joined the festivities and provided some amazing steaks for dinner.  It poured rain and Josh cooked the steaks on the porch in his head-to-toe waterproof rain gear.  It was a sight.  Steaks were great and the company...even better!


Also, one day last week Rex requested he put on one of Josh's shirts.  We happily obliged and snapped a quick photo.  As soon as Josh put it on him Rex said, "I small." 



And that pretty much sums up January and February in the Garner household!  

3 comments:

huggin said...

Oh my cute face... Rex's face tenderly looking up at Josh blowing out his candles? Too cute!

Noelle said...

That cake looks great...I can not frost a cake like you my friend..that takes skill! Your son is adorable!!!

Noelle said...

oh Leanne and Gary = Merivale!!! I was signed into my parents blog! hahah