Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Alger Family Beach Trip

Because you guys haven't seen enough pictures of our family at the beach in recent months, I thought I'd add a few more.  We took a third...yes, a THIRD trip to the beach in June to spend a week with my family (the Algers).  It was a much anticipated trip since we did it two years ago and it was one of the best vacations of our lives.  We had so much fun this time!  I really think the combination of my favorite place on earth (Outer Banks, NC) with my favorite people (family) was just what I needed!  


The first couple days we had great weather and we spent them entirely at the beach and at our pool.





And then we had some not-so-great weather days and we spent them

At the aquarium



Playing rock band



Playing inside the house



And eating, eating, eating.  Did I mention we ate a ton?


On our night to cook, Josh and I made sand pudding for dessert.  Thanks Pinterest!


And we picked the windiest evening possible to take family pictures.  About 99% turned out horrible, here is one that will have to do.  Still, there's hair flying EVERYWHERE.  Never wished I was a boy with short hair more than I did that night.





We all (yes, all 24 of us) went out to dinner together to a pretty fun seafood restaurant.  They had a tank outside with different kinds of fish and animals you could pick up.  I would love to know what Rex was saying to this puffer fish.


And that about wraps up our trip.  Josh and I had fun, Evelyn had fun (we know this because she NEVER complains) and Rex has probably never had more fun than he did this week with his cousins.  He can't wait to see them all again.  

It was such a fun trip and we look forward to the next time we're all together at the beach!

2 comments:

Haley said...

What a fun trip! Ty and I definitely need to make it to the Outer Banks before we leave Durham. And may I say, you are looking so good! Always perfectly styled - even on a windy day at the beach. :)

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. I loved the pictures!