Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quick trip to D.C.



The grand finale of all of our summer trips was to D.C. just two short days before we had to say goodbye to Josh forever (not really forever, I'm just being dramatic).  Just goodbye for 2-3 years is all.  More on Josh's crazy choice of job later.

First stop was the D.C. zoo which was kind of impressive for a free zoo.  I couldn't believe how many different kinds of animals they had and was really impressed what they had done (with taxpayer dollars, of course).  Then we left and had to pay for parking.  That was where we realized that it's not really a free zoo after all.




Then we headed to the mall to check out the museums.  We were planning on just going to the Natural History museum until both kids fell asleep in the double stroller at the same time.  We sneaked into the American History museum so Josh and I could get our NERD on.  BONUS!


In all seriousness, some of the stuff in there was amazing.  Just standing in front of George Washington's jacket alone was enough to almost make me emotional.  Very, very cool.


Rex loved the natural history museum, especially the stuffed animals.  After seeing the zoo, I think this was all a little confusing for him.  He had just seen the live ones, now we're seeing the stuffed, dead ones?!  He thought that was pretty weird.

And now for the real reason we went to D.C.



See that little "Short Pump, VA" sign at the bottom?! Yep, we are getting a Cafe Rio in our neighborhood in Richmond next year.  Now I KNOW we picked the right place to move!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Dear Cafe Rio, I miss you so desperately. Please come to NC.

I've been to DC a few times, but I don't know that I've ever been to the History museum. Washington's jacket? That's incredible! I hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

Hey guys I know its a little late ,but cafe Rio will be in short pump in Feb next year ....2015
I'll be relocating there in Jan for the opening ,see ya soon !!!!