Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Baby Girl

I am having the hardest time remembering to take pictures lately!  And it's giving me all kinds of mommy guilt, because (especially with Evelyn) these phases are going to pass quickly.  Here are a few things our little gal is up to:

At her 4 month appointment, her doctor thought that she seemed "a little petite" compared to her previous visit and suggested I start her on formula and cereal.  We went home and later that night I whipped up a formula bottle which I expected her to down.  I mean, why wouldn't she love it? She was taking a bottle PERFECTLY since week 4!  Well, she hated it, gagged, spit it out, she HATED it.  I thought it was probably just a fluke so I tried it again a little later.  Same thing.  Then I got desperate and tried breast milk in a bottle - she wouldn't take that either.  Silly little gal just decided she was done with bottles.  I think she decided she didn't trust us after that formula bit.  So, that was about a month and a half ago and she still isn't taking bottles.  Good times.

So we did start cereal soon after that fiasco.  She, of course, spit it out at first, but quickly took to the yummy stuff.


Rex really got a kick out of feeding her and seeing her scrunchy face when she didn't know what to do with it. 


He kinda looks like the devil in this picture, laughing at her disgust.


One morning I went to get her after her morning nap and she just looked so pretty.  So I grabbed my camera and did a little photo shoot, right there in her crib.  



If you look closely you'll see she now has 2 teeth.  I was in denial when the first one started coming in at 4 1/2 months, but I've accepted it now.  She is growing up too fast!!


2 comments:

Jen and Tyson said...

Oh she is OH SO CUTE!!!!! :)

Kim Edwards said...

She is adorable! I can totally see Rex in her too. And Colette NEVER took a bottle. She hated anything in them! so I hear your pain there Em..