Monday, August 20, 2012

Paul Ryan Rally

So last Friday morning, Paul Ryan came to Deep Run High School, which is about 5 minutes from our house.  It's actually the high school Rex will go to, assuming we're still in the area.  I wasn't planning on going until I woke up that morning.  I couldn't shake the feeling that this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so I quickly found a babysitter, threw on makeup, and was ready to go in about 45 minutes!  When I arrived, I ran into some friends which made the 2 hour wait much more bearable.  


What else made it more bearable?  This guy.  He's awesome.



After the rally, he came by and shook hands with the people in the crowd.  Turns out he favors Republicans in Green Bay Packers uniforms!  And thanks to one such Republican who happened to be behind me to the right, I snapped this close up pic while they chatted.  

Hearing his speech made me excited and hopeful for what the Romney/Ryan ticket could do for our country.  I decided it's fun living in a swing state - they'll be back quite a bit over the next couple months.


4 comments:

Haley said...

This is SOOOO cool! I can't believe how close you were to him! I'm glad you decided to make a last minute change of plans. Political functions are awesome.

Dane and Jessica said...

I still can't believe how cool that was!! Too bad you didn't get your personal autograph that you got permission for haha

Lindsey said...

So awesome! And so fun to see Michelle on your blog. Small world :)

Unknown said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!