Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Our Peach Adventure

A couple weeks ago we went on a serious adventure, just me and the kiddos.  I was a little nervous at first, but it was almost empowering to realize that I can do things like this with 2 kids and I SURVIVED!  Not only did I survive, but it was really fun.  Now on to what we did!  We went to Charlottesville, which is about 45 minutes away, to Carter Mountain Orchard to pick our own peaches.  We got there a little early and soon after some of our new Richmond friends showed up.  We had fun picking peaches and walking on the rotting, slippery, peach carcases.  Next time I won't wear sandals! :)


First of all, I was amazed at the beauty of this place!  The orchard sits on top of a mountain - there are orchards, vineyards and mountains as far as you can see.  


Thank goodness for this bad boy that helped us navigate the rows of peaches and kept Rex's feet mostly clean.


We found a few perfect trees and Rex helped me pick some really good ones.  He wasn't afraid of getting dirty or having to climb up the tree to get them, either.


And finally, he found a ripe one and bit right in.


And now I'm looking forward to apple season so we can go again!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Stop it! You're making me so homesick.