Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Solo Utah Trip

Josh had a short break from school a couple of weeks ago during which he graciously offered to stay home and watch Rex so I could take a trip to Utah to visit my parents.  It worked out that all 3 of my sisters were able to convince their husbands to watch the kids so we could all be together.

We took a little walk down memory lane with our walk around BYU campus.  The ride board is still up and functioning.  Where else could you trust getting a ride across the country from a total stranger?


We laughed at the dumb t-shirts in the BYU bookstore.  Seriously...who thought this was a good idea for a t-shirt?  My sister bought one to be her white elephant gift this Christmas.



And of course we ate at J-Dawgs.


3 of us have fall birthdays so we celebrated together!

And went to church with my missionary parents


And the other things we didn't take pictures of: shopping, massages at the spa and eating out at all of our favorite Utah places.  Why oh why can't we get a Cafe Rio out here...?

And thanks to my brother's tripod and my nephew for snapping the pics, we have a few nice family photos of just the original Alger family.


Me and my siblings

And my cute parents who are working diligently as family history missionaries.  I miss them and can't wait until they get home in February!

It was such a fun trip!  Big thanks to Josh for making it happen and not complaining.  And to top it all off, I came home to a spotless house!  I'm talking bathrooms, kitchen, living room...the place was cleaner than it's been for a while.  He's amazing!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, what a fun trip! And those pictures of your family are beautiful!!

Haley said...

What a fun trip! You have a beautiful family! And Josh deserves a husband of the year award. I'm glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I love those pictures! And you guys have made all of us wives totally jealous!

Kim Edwards said...

Emily, looks like you had fun! I love time with family- Hope you are feeling great...

Unknown said...

I love your family!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You all look beeee-autiful.

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh you must have had such a fun childhood... I would love nothing more than to have that many girls + one boy to keep on the name (Jon may have other ideas). Sisters are great!