Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanksgiving in Ohio

I finally had a few minutes tonight to sit down and catch up on some blog posts from December.  That's about when I realized I never posted anything about Thanksgiving.  And while it's almost embarrassing to go back that far, I just don't feel right skipping over the holiday.  So...here goes...more than a month late!

We drove up to Columbus, Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with two of my sisters and their families.  Here are some of the highlights!


Preparing the bird.  I had some serious learning to do because I was going to have to cook a turkey by myself just a few weeks later for a Christmas party.  


And if any of you have not tried injecting your turkey with a buttery garlic mixture, 
I totally recommend it.




The Kids Table

The guys were able to get some tickets to the Ohio State basketball game and enjoyed a guys night out.


We took all the kids bowling.  It was Rex's first time and he loved it.  He did not love taking turns, however. Big surprise.



So glad we have family within driving distance so we can spend holidays with them - we had a great time!

No comments: