Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We Are Diaper Free! (Until baby comes)

Rex is officially potty trained!  We took a note from the quit smoking playbook and went cold turkey.  We woke up and announced the official end of diapers and all of us pitched in to throw all of Rex's diapers into a big bag that was going "bye-bye".  He saddled into his first pair of undies, donned a shirt and socks and we all embarked on a little adventure.  No pull-ups, no crutches, no going back.  If he peed, it went down his legs and onto the floor.  If he pooped...well, fortunately, that didn't happen.  He nailed it.  He had about 3 accidents over a three day period and by day 3 he was golden.  Its been about 3 weeks since the transition and he's got it down.  He hasn't even wet the bed yet.  I don't know how we got so lucky, but we're not complaining.

The only big change so far is that we're seeing a lot more of Rex's bare cheeks marching around the house. I guess he likes the freedom, or maybe the breeze.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bahahaha, that is the greatest picture EVER!! What a stud, I can't believe he is completely potty trained! Lyla does great but she still wears a diaper in bed. I am totally afraid to take that step. Wish I would have done it cold turkey like you guys! Way to go!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Yay for Rex! It's such a cute little bum though. :) I'm impressed about bedtime; Annabelle still can't go through the night and she's been potty trained for over a year!

Anderson's said...

that is too funny! we went cold turkey with our kids and it's the way to go! my kids never had pull-ups or a ton of accidents. congratulations!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

toddler cheeks are never a downside. hes so cute.

Unknown said...

oh snap. that is the funniest pic I have ever seen.

Lauren said...

I love everything about this picture. Your bathroom is too cute and that bum... I love it! Way to go Rex!