Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Very Happy Mother's Day!

Can I just say that I love Mother's Day?  And not just for all the selfish reasons a mother might love being celebrated all day, having breakfast in bed and receiving kisses all day from her sweet 4-year old.  I loved today because I was able to reflect on some important Mothers in my life.  Like this lady, for example:

The mother that gave me birth

I cannot even begin to list all the reasons I am grateful for her.  She has taught me everything and to this day, her advice and approval mean everything to me.  She's that good.

I also love this Mother:

The one who gave birth to my husband

She's a super neat lady who raised one heck of a son!  She is easy and fun to be around and the best grandma to my kids.

I also love being a Mom.  With the help of my husband (and of course, Rex) my Mother in law made this for me:


And for the record, I really do not eat very many tacos.


To top off this day, my husband came up with the most thoughtful gift EVER.  Do you all remember this awesome painting of my grandpa, painted by my cousin?


He got in touch with my cousin, got a high res photo of this painting and had it printed on a canvas that we are going to frame.  It is amazing and beautiful and I cannot wait for it to be hanging on my wall!  Thank you SO much, Cristall!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! You're welcome! I love you!

Rachel and Eric said...

That Josh! He's always coming up with good gifts! He needs to help a squirrel out! :) So is that almost-black hair color your natural hue? Interesting!

Haley said...

I can totally hear Rex saying all of those things on the questionaire. What a cutie! Glad you had a great day!

Kim Edwards said...

I love this post! And I wouldn't say taco's, I'd say Arby's :)